Israeli photographer presents profiles on Jerusalemites
on Monday,October 18,2010 14:10
This week, Israeli photographer Nir Alon will deliver a presentation on his documentary photography project "TIPUSIM.com in Jerusalem." In Hebrew, tipusim means characters, personalities or unique individuals.
His project is a series of interviews with Jerusalemites. Over a dozen profiles are already available online, including Beno Leibovici, a watchmaker; Brhan Mekonen, an actress and Itzchak Cohen, who is known as "Itzik the Plumber."
Each profile includes a recorded interview as well as still photos in black and white. Alon said that black-and-white still photography is the best medium to touch the souls of his subjects.
"The essence of Jerusalem isn't hidden under ancient stones. It isn't masked by a cloud of mysticism and belief. The essence of Jerusalem is alive in the people who live here and in the uniqueness of each and every one – a diversified and spectacular human mosaic," Alon said.
Presentation will take place in Jerusalem, in the presence of George Shefi, who is one of Alon's subjects featured in the project. Alon explains he is "happy to give back", especially to this unique group.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.