Design New England launches award program for mentors
on Tuesday,October 19,2010 21:10
Interior design jobs are expected to grow by 19 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. As demand continues to increase, professionals who are already in the industry who wish to share their knowledge can help build a foundation for the future.
This week, Design New England magazine announced that it has created a new award program for individuals in the interior design, architecture, landscape and building business who use their time to educate others. The "Middies," as it has been titled, will be launched on November 3 at the fourth anniversary bash for the publication.
"We created this award to acknowledge mentoring, which is an integral part of every day in the design community," said Gail Ravgiala, the editor of Design New England. "Great mentors are generous with their time and wisdom, and almost without exception were themselves the beneficiaries of supportive mentors who guided them along the way."
The winners of the award will be announced in January after an advisory panel deliberates on the nominees. Recipients will receive Genoa stone keepsakes for their efforts to help educate the future generation of designers.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.