University of Iowa designer students host unique art exhibit
on Wednesday,October 20,2010 21:10
Art exhibits can open the eyes of individuals who wish to broaden their horizons, especially when they are free. Two young designers are currently sharing their extensive work at the Drewlowe Gallery at the Studio Arts Building until October 22 in Iowa. They hope to help viewers appreciate logos and typography in the world around them.
Designers Cristiane Cunha and Maria Mandarim met in a graduate program, according to the Daily Iowan. Both women, who are originally from Brazil, relocated to the U.S. to indulge in the culture. Their paths led them toward art and design where the two collaborated to create this exhibit.
"Life has taught me that curiosity leads to knowledge; let's be curious and try new things, explore the unknown," Cunha told the newspaper.
Cunha claims that the University of Iowa motivated and challenged her to explore her interests, thus leading her to engage in the art field. Education programs, similar to the one Mandarim and Cunha enrolled in, can help individuals advance their careers in design.
Graphic design jobs are expected to grow 13 percent within the next eight years alone, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Experience and knowledge can help individuals go further in this field in the future.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.