University of Iowa designer students host unique art exhibit
on Wednesday,October 20,2010 21:10
Art exhibits can open the eyes of individuals who wish to broaden their horizons, especially when they are free. Two young designers are currently sharing their extensive work at the Drewlowe Gallery at the Studio Arts Building until October 22 in Iowa. They hope to help viewers appreciate logos and typography in the world around them.
Designers Cristiane Cunha and Maria Mandarim met in a graduate program, according to the Daily Iowan. Both women, who are originally from Brazil, relocated to the U.S. to indulge in the culture. Their paths led them toward art and design where the two collaborated to create this exhibit.
"Life has taught me that curiosity leads to knowledge; let's be curious and try new things, explore the unknown," Cunha told the newspaper.
Cunha claims that the University of Iowa motivated and challenged her to explore her interests, thus leading her to engage in the art field. Education programs, similar to the one Mandarim and Cunha enrolled in, can help individuals advance their careers in design.
Graphic design jobs are expected to grow 13 percent within the next eight years alone, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Experience and knowledge can help individuals go further in this field in the future.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.