Diner renovation project attracts local interior designers
on Wednesday,October 20,2010 19:10
Social experiments are typically out-of-the-box, but one group has decided to take it to the next level at a local diner. The REO Eats Project has made it their mission to reboot the old Dalmation's Firehouse Grill in Michigan over the course of 90 days.
More than a dozen people showed up to the old diner to learn more about the project this week, the Lansing State Journal reports. Participants, ranging from artists to architects, will use social networking as their main form of communication. Through sites such as Twitter and Facebook, REO Eats Project members will work on creating a new theme, name, menu and design.
"The team is open to any and all suggestions, regardless of how crazy they might sound," REO team member, Paul Jaques told the newspaper. "We have no idea what the outcome will be, but that's what makes this project so exciting."
Individuals who have obtained a degree in interior design or have experience in the field are valuable assets to projects such as REO Eats. Interior design jobs are expected to grow by 19 percent by 2018, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Interior Design (MFA)
- Interior Design (D)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.