New Cleveland photography store offers rare relics
on Friday,October 22,2010 19:10
The digital age has revolutionized the way photographers take pictures, but one store in Cleveland, Ohio, is dedicated to evoking nostalgia in its customers.
The Aperture Photography and Variety Store is home to rare cameras that date back decades. Polaroids cameras, Holga cameras and film can be found on the store's shelves for amateur and professional photographers alike. It opened earlier this fall, according to Cleveland.com, and has attracted a surprising amount of attention.
"I started getting interested in Polaroids and vintage cameras about five years ago," owner Scott Meivogel told the website. "And I found there were tons of people interested in it, especially Polaroids and Holga and Diana cameras. They have a real cult following."
Prices on these cameras, all of which are still in good working condition, range from $50 to $200. Meivogel also has a personal in-shop studio that he eventually hopes to open to the public for teaching purposes.
Photography jobs are expected to increase 12 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The rare devices that can be found at Aperture are not only valuable collector's items, but teaching tools for students in photography school as well.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.