Local photography historian artist awarded for hard work
on Tuesday,October 26,2010 19:10
The Fairfield Arts Center in Connecticut did not have to look hard to find a recipient for their Artist of the Year award. Local educator and artist, Thomas Mezzanotte, earned it with his work and show on the basics of photography.
On October 23, the humble artist was presented with Fairfield's 30th annual award, according to the Stamford Times. A documentary created about his life, titled "Mezzanotte Obscura," was also aired at the ceremony. Created by local film maker, Lori Petchers, the piece has won awards for its glimpse into the life of the Artist of the Year victor.
"It was a great honor, but I also felt like, for a visual artist, it's really about the work and you don't necessarily want the attention focused on you," Mezzanotte told the news source. "It's nice to have the attention, but you want it focused on your work."
Mezzanotte has a strong focus on teaching others about the history of photography in the digital age.
Photography jobs are predicted to grow by 12 percent by 2018, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. As more individuals look to study the field, mentors may play a big role in helping amateur photographers bloom into professionals.
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.