Graphic designers ban together to create green solutions
on Tuesday,October 26,2010 20:10
As global warming slowly becomes a reality, a number of different industries are working on developing ways to be more eco-friendly. Graphic designers, in particular, are doing their part to create structures that accommodate possible environmental concerns of the future.
The Society of Graphic Designers of Canada and others recently banned together to create the Sustainable Design Auditing Project (SDAP), according to Green Biz. Members are working to develop a measurement system that ranks the environmental, social and economical impact of new designs. Specifically, companies will be able to see how their products measure up on this scale as they are being created.
The environmental impacts that will be measured range from greenhouse gas emissions to energy and water usage. Economic aspects will include profitability in comparison to productivity.
The SDAP is still accepting new companies and will take other businesses' current measuring systems into consideration. The committee that will direct the project will be made up of professional graphic designers and officials from nonprofit organizations.
Graphic design careers are expected to increase by 13 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.