ASU alumni win award for graphic design
on Wednesday,October 27,2010 21:10
Graphic designers extend their talents to everything from websites to digital art. When a designer or program sees success in the field, other professionals often take recognition.
This week, the Arizona State University (ASU) alumni association was honored with nine awards for its excellence in the graphic design industry, according to Overnight Prints. At the 22nd annual APEX Awards, ASU was commended for the long-term success it has seen throughout the years.
"[The contest] recognizes those who produce outstanding graphic design and editorial content and who demonstrate success in their communications programs," the news source notes.
There were more than 3,500 entries for this year's APEX Awards. More than 1,100 winners were announced in 11 different categories. The ASU alumni association was one of the only organizations to receive the Grand Award for its illustrations and graphic designs.
Graphic design jobs are expected to increase by 13 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The highest average salary for graphic design is about $47,000 for computer systems and other related technology services.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.