Paper Show attracts designers from around Chicago
on Tuesday,November 02,2010 20:11
The designing industry is reliant on a number of materials, including paper. To recognize the benefits and contribution of this resource, Unisource hosted its 21st annual Paper Show in Chicago, Illinois this week. CTI Paper USA, Domtar Corporation, FiberMark, Finch Paper and French Paper are just a handful of the manufacturers that supported the show.
"This event sends a very positive message to the graphic arts community that Unisource is proud to support the U.S. paper industry and is committed to promoting the Power of Print as an effective means of communication," said Glenn Barton, the senior vice president of sales for Unisource.
This year, the event was invitation-only and attracted more than 1,000 professional designers from around the city. Chicago is home to some of the most notable graphic designers in the industry. In the past, the show has featured an Academy award-winning film and the first photographer for Rolling Stone. This year, the show includes a number of environmental exhibitions.
Graphic design jobs are expected to increase by 13 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.