New wing to open at the MFA in Boston
on Monday,November 08,2010 20:11
Art of the Americas has always been sparse at the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) in Boston, but on November 20, a new wing will open in honor of the genre. Along with a new courtyard, the it will display more than 5,000 pieces that were created in North, South and Central America.
The wing was designed by Foster + Partners, according to the World Interior Design Network. All of the art will be placed in chronological order throughout four floors. Pieces that were previously unable to be displayed due to their large size now have a new home as well. The design includes 53 galleries and nine period rooms.
The structure of the wing is similar to the Reichstag and the Great Court at the British Museum. The interior designers combined modern and classic style elements to create mobile, accessible space that can be expanded upon in the future. Nearby roadways, parking areas and landscapes were enhanced to make visiting the museum more enjoyable as well.
Interior design jobs are predicted to increase by 19 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
Our objective is to prepare you for a life-long, successful career in Media Arts, Business or Information Technology. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible foundation that will serve you in your first job as well as throughout your career.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.