New wing to open at the MFA in Boston
on Monday,November 08,2010 20:11
Art of the Americas has always been sparse at the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) in Boston, but on November 20, a new wing will open in honor of the genre. Along with a new courtyard, the it will display more than 5,000 pieces that were created in North, South and Central America.
The wing was designed by Foster + Partners, according to the World Interior Design Network. All of the art will be placed in chronological order throughout four floors. Pieces that were previously unable to be displayed due to their large size now have a new home as well. The design includes 53 galleries and nine period rooms.
The structure of the wing is similar to the Reichstag and the Great Court at the British Museum. The interior designers combined modern and classic style elements to create mobile, accessible space that can be expanded upon in the future. Nearby roadways, parking areas and landscapes were enhanced to make visiting the museum more enjoyable as well.
Interior design jobs are predicted to increase by 19 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.