Hugh Hefner to hold art auction
on Monday,November 08,2010 20:11
Playboy has been considered one of the more risqué magazines of the past century, but founder Hugh Hefner has always had a different opinion than his critics on what his creation represents. Now, the Playboy editor-in-chief may finally be able to shift the perception of his empire with an art auction, according to the Associated Press (AP).
On December 8, Hefner plans to hold an auction titled, "Year of the Rabbit." Of the items to be sold off include an original Salvador Dali piece and another 125 collectibles. More than a dozen contemporary pieces, 24 cartoons and 80 photographs make up the bunch. Snapshots of starlet Marilyn Monroe and musician Duke Ellington are included in the collection.
"Before Playboy and a few other places, commercial art was essentially Norman Rockwell, very realistic," Hefner told the AP. "And we introduced into commercial illustration the whole notion of everything from abstract, to semi-abstract, to stuff that you found on a gallery wall."
Art-related jobs are projected to increase by 12 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.