Photographer reflects on lifes work at Austin studio
on Tuesday,November 09,2010 21:11
Pictures not only capture memories for the people in them, but for the person who snaps the shot as well. Texas photographer Scott Newton says that every picture in Austin City Limits studio 6A is a memory, according to KXAN-TV.
Newton started taking pictures at Austin City Limits in 1978. He says that he has been able to capture intimate photos of performers throughout the years because his flash blends in with the blinding stage lights. Newton considers the photos that hang in Austin City Limits to be a reflection of not only his work, but his entire career.
"I have favorite shots," Newton told the news source. "The shot of Ray Charles there, always its one of the best."
Austin City Limits is moving to a new venue, but Newton welcomes the change. The Moody Theater, which is where the venue is being relocated, has 800 seats inside of a popular downtown Austin hotel. Newton see the potential for new business and photography opportunities.
"This is the end of an episode, or a volume, or whatever - but its not the end of the show," Newton told the news source.
Photography careers are projected to increase by 12 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.