Designers receive grant to research sustainable options
on Wednesday,November 10,2010 20:11
In this day and age, it is becoming more important for designers to focus on the sustainability of their products. Environmental concerns have encouraged a number of organizations to donate to research that is dedicated to finding more sustainable options.
Recently, the United College Negro Fund (UCNF) announced that it would donate $240,000 worth of grants to 23 green planning plants to help minority institutions with sustainable designing. UCNF also hopes that the grants encourage these institutions to participate in the American College and University Presidents Climate Commitment. This program is dedicated to making advancements in sustainability and environmental design practices at a rapid pace.
"We are working to build green and adopt energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable practices as quickly as possible," said UCNF Michael Lomax. "One of the most significant benefits of The UNCF Building Green Initiative is that it works to build the knowledge and capacity of minority-serving institutions to create sustainable campus infrastructures."
Architecture jobs are predicted to increase by 16 percent over the next eight years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.