McQueen exhibit to debut at the Met in May
on Wednesday,November 10,2010 20:11
The Metropolitan Museum of Art (the Met) in New York City is renowned for hosting memorable exhibits, and this coming May, another notable display will make its debut.
"Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" will open at the Costume Institute on May 4, according to the New York Times. The British designer, who took his own life this past February, is famous for ensembles that represent female power and sensuality. The exhibit will feature outfits from his 1992 show at Central Saint Martins to his final collection, which debuted at the beginning of this year.
Metropolitan curators say that finding pieces from his earlier collections will be difficult. McQueen was known for designing his original pieces for friends or any patrons who would pay him just to stay afloat. By the time McQueen died at age 40, he was designing ensembles for celebrities, including Lady Gaga and Sarah Jessica Parker. He had boutiques in Las Vegas, Milan and New York.
The gala will be held on May 2. Honorary chairs include François-Henri Pinault and Salma Hayek.
Although fashion designer jobs are only predicted to increase by 1 percent over the next eight years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, wholesale retailers are expected to see an increase in business.
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.