Museum to display donated works of African art
on Thursday,November 18,2010 20:11
Similar to libraries, historical museums can benefit individuals with culture. Many of these institutions help educate the public through pieces that have been donated by patrons.
This week, the National Museum of African Art announced that it will host an exhibition to honor people who have donated throughout the years, according to NPR. "African Mosaic: Celebrating a Decade of Collecting" will open on November 19, featuring works that have been given to the museum. The works range from modern pieces to sculptures that display the origins of African art.
"I get particularly jazzed by stories that challenge popular misconceptions about Africa," Smithsonian Museum curator Christine Mullen Kreamer wrote for NPR. "Or, put another way, stories told through objects that illustrate how Africa, Africans, African arts have been - and continue to be - 'players' in the global arena."
Art-related jobs are predicted to increase by 12 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Museums that are full of historically-rich pieces can help individuals better understand culture prior to entering the field.
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.