Museum to display donated works of African art
on Thursday,November 18,2010 20:11
Similar to libraries, historical museums can benefit individuals with culture. Many of these institutions help educate the public through pieces that have been donated by patrons.
This week, the National Museum of African Art announced that it will host an exhibition to honor people who have donated throughout the years, according to NPR. "African Mosaic: Celebrating a Decade of Collecting" will open on November 19, featuring works that have been given to the museum. The works range from modern pieces to sculptures that display the origins of African art.
"I get particularly jazzed by stories that challenge popular misconceptions about Africa," Smithsonian Museum curator Christine Mullen Kreamer wrote for NPR. "Or, put another way, stories told through objects that illustrate how Africa, Africans, African arts have been - and continue to be - 'players' in the global arena."
Art-related jobs are predicted to increase by 12 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Museums that are full of historically-rich pieces can help individuals better understand culture prior to entering the field.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.