MFA draws large crowd for new wing
on Monday,November 22,2010 19:11
After months of construction, the Art of the Americas have finally arrived in Boston. This weekend, the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) opened its new wing to the public, showcasing pieces from some of the most notable American artists in history.
The MFA offered free admission to all visitors who came by on Saturday to visit the new wing, according to the Boston Herald. Art fans from near and far began lining up at 9 a.m. Some of the first to enter were children from the local Boys and Girls Club, who were special guests of MFA director, Malcolm Rogers.
"On a typical weekend day, about 2,500 people come to the museum," MFA spokeswoman, Kelly Gifford, told the news source. "Today, as a free day, we welcomed 10,000 people by 3:45 p.m."
Some of the Art of the Americas' most renowned works include John Singleton Copley's portrait of George Washington crossing the Delaware and Paul Revere.
"It kind of brings history into reality for me," visitor Chris Schoolmeyer told the news source. "Especially being from the West Coast."
Artist careers are projected to increase by 12 percent over the next eight years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.