Thom Yorke joins 350 efforts against global warming
on Wednesday,November 24,2010 19:11
Architects and designers around the world are working to create more sustainable ways of living, but global warming is catching up. In an effort to raise environmental consciousness, volunteers at 350.org will showcase aerial photographs of 12 different locations around the world that have been affected by climate change.
The organization is named after climate scientists' theory that carbon dioxide levels will outpace the human race once it hits 350 parts per million (PPM). Currently, the planet is at 390 PPM, according to Wired magazine. Members of 350.org will stream images of areas that have been devastated by climate change in the form droughts, floods and other natural disasters.
Musician Thom Yorke has joined the 350.org efforts as well. He plans to gather thousands of fans on the coastline of Brighton in the U.K. on November 27. Together, they will form the cover of his album, "The Eraser," which will be able to be seen from space. The image depicts King Canute, a former ruler who once attempted to control the ocean.
Architect jobs are projected to grow by 16 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Future generations of architects will be presented with the task of creating more sustainable designs.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.