Eagles plan to make field eco-friendly
on Wednesday,November 24,2010 19:11
Architects have not only been presented with the difficult task of developing new sustainable designs, but structures that will keep pace with global warming. Recently, the National Football League (NFL) made headlines when the Philadelphia Eagles announced that they plan to go green.
Lincoln Financial Field will officially undergo changes to make it an environmentally friendly stadium, according to Discovery. By September 2011, nearly 2,500 solar panels and 80 wind turbines will be installed to provide energy for the venue. A co-generation plant, run by bio-diesel fuel and natural gas, will also aid operations at the stadium.
"The Philadelphia Eagles are proud to take this vital step towards energy independence from fossil fuels," Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie told the news source. "It underscores our strong belief that environmentally sensitive policies are consistent with sound business practices."
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says he commends the Eagles for their efforts and hopes that more franchises follow in their footsteps sooner than later.
Architect jobs are projected to grow by 16 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. More sustainable structures, similar to Lincoln Financial Field, may help reduce the effects of global warming in the future.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.