Local middle school artists celebrate Harry Potter
on Wednesday,November 24,2010 19:11
Many students create their own works in art class, but few can imagine having their pieces displayed at a public location. Now, kids from the Indian Trail Middle School in Illinois will receive praise for their hard work at the local movie theater.
The Regal Cantera 30 cinema in Warrenville will display the children's art work in a contest that asked participants to depict characters and scenes from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series. The pieces will be exhibited in honor of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1," which debuted last week, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
"The students are very excited about participating, and the winners loved receiving free movie tickets," art teacher Pam Dujlovich told the news source. "I expect even more submissions next time."
A total of 32 pieces from sixth, seventh and eighth grade students were collected to decorate the halls of the theater. First, second and third place winners won tickets to see the movie. Honorable mentions received Harry Potter posters.
Artist jobs are projected to increase by 12 percent over the next eight years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Mentoring can help encourage students to pursue a career in the industry.
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.