Contemporary art offering big return for investors
on Monday,November 29,2010 18:11
The 2008 recession made a negative impact on a number of industries, but the art world has shown signs that it has rebounded since the economic downturn. Many people are looking for new places to invest their money, and art may be the golden ticket, the Miami Herald reports.
Buyers in South Beach will be doing more than looking for an eye-catching piece of art at upcoming exhibits, according to experts. A new trend has emerged that has collectors looking for works that will be worth more within the next few years.
"It's an interesting place to [invest] when you have a lot of money," Alexis Hubshman, Scope art fair founder, told the news source. "You can't buy real estate. You’re scared to put money in Wall Street. It seems to me that the art market is kind of standing around."
Contemporary, post-modern art is currently offering the biggest return, according to industry experts. It has the least-established price range and is particularly appealing to newly wealthy people.
Artist jobs are predicted to increase by 12 percent over the next eight years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Individuals who invest in a postsecondary education in art may see a large return when they enter the industry.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.