Miami embraces art plans to build museum
on Wednesday,December 01,2010 19:12
Museums are home to some of the world's most treasured art, but South Beach has been without an institution for years. Recently, permits were approved to allow construction to begin on the Miami Art Museum (MAM) on Biscayne Bay. Architects will begin work on the project, which is located on four acres worth $200 million, according to the Miami Herald.
"We're all go," MAM chairman, Aaron Podhurst, told the news source. "It's Art Basel [art show] and the whole world is here. The timing is perfect.''
The plans to construct the museum come six months after officials raised $30 million through pledges and $100 million in voter-approved bonds. The MAM will have to depend on taxpayers' money to eventually save up enough money to pay off the rest of the endowment over the next few years. However, project director, Robert Portnoff, says he does not expect any hurdles moving forward with the plans.
Architect jobs are projected to increase by 16 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Individuals on architecture career paths may have the opportunity to design museums as more communities look to embrace the art world.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.