Miami embraces art plans to build museum
on Wednesday,December 01,2010 19:12
Museums are home to some of the world's most treasured art, but South Beach has been without an institution for years. Recently, permits were approved to allow construction to begin on the Miami Art Museum (MAM) on Biscayne Bay. Architects will begin work on the project, which is located on four acres worth $200 million, according to the Miami Herald.
"We're all go," MAM chairman, Aaron Podhurst, told the news source. "It's Art Basel [art show] and the whole world is here. The timing is perfect.''
The plans to construct the museum come six months after officials raised $30 million through pledges and $100 million in voter-approved bonds. The MAM will have to depend on taxpayers' money to eventually save up enough money to pay off the rest of the endowment over the next few years. However, project director, Robert Portnoff, says he does not expect any hurdles moving forward with the plans.
Architect jobs are projected to increase by 16 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Individuals on architecture career paths may have the opportunity to design museums as more communities look to embrace the art world.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.