Connecticut galleries encourage giving art this holiday season
on Wednesday,December 08,2010 19:12
This holiday season, more Connecticut consumers are turning away from the shopping malls and investing in art, according to The Day. Venues across the state are hosting art sales to not only give shoppers an affordable gift alternative to high-priced gadgets, but support local artists.
"I think giving art as a gift is very thoughtful; as it hangs in people's homes all year long and is something they'll never forget," Hygienic Art Galleries director Kat Murphy told the news source.
Hygienic Art Galleries makes it a point to purchase pieces from new artists who are attempting to make a name for themselves in the New London, Connecticut area. The gallery sells these works at a reasonable price to collectors to help artists gain recognition.
Sylvan Gallery co-owner Ann Scanlon is also encouraging buyers to give the gift of art this holiday season.
"You can look at a painting every single day on your walls and you can forget your worries," Scanlon told the news source. "It takes you to another time and place."
Employment of artists is projected to increase by 12 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Online Courses
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Serving as America’s technical career education specialists for 75 years.
- Offers accelerated associate degree programs that can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor degree programs in as little as 3 years.
- Provides associate, bachelor, master, and online degree programs in nearly 40 technical and business management skills programs.
- Chooses its faculty members for their talent, expertise, and practical experience.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.