Connecticut galleries encourage giving art this holiday season
on Wednesday,December 08,2010 19:12
This holiday season, more Connecticut consumers are turning away from the shopping malls and investing in art, according to The Day. Venues across the state are hosting art sales to not only give shoppers an affordable gift alternative to high-priced gadgets, but support local artists.
"I think giving art as a gift is very thoughtful; as it hangs in people's homes all year long and is something they'll never forget," Hygienic Art Galleries director Kat Murphy told the news source.
Hygienic Art Galleries makes it a point to purchase pieces from new artists who are attempting to make a name for themselves in the New London, Connecticut area. The gallery sells these works at a reasonable price to collectors to help artists gain recognition.
Sylvan Gallery co-owner Ann Scanlon is also encouraging buyers to give the gift of art this holiday season.
"You can look at a painting every single day on your walls and you can forget your worries," Scanlon told the news source. "It takes you to another time and place."
Employment of artists is projected to increase by 12 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.