NOMA celebrates 100 years of operation
on Wednesday,December 08,2010 19:12
One hundred years ago, the New Orleans Museum of Art (NOMA) opened its doors to art enthusiasts and the general public alike after a $150,000 donation. Recently, the institution celebrated its centennial and reflected on its success as a mainstay in Louisiana, according to the Associated Press.
"It's great to have a world-class museum in our region," president of the Southeastern Museums Conference, George Bassi, told the news source. "And when you look at art museums in the southeast region, NOMA is one that comes to mind."
When NOMA originally opened to the public with funding from a local businessman, it only had 11 small paintings and artifacts. Since then, the museum has created a permanent collection of more than 35,000 pieces, including works by Picasso and Degas.
In honor of the centennial, NOMA will be hosting the "Great Collectors/Great Donors: The Making of the New Orleans Museum of Art, 1910-2010" show until January 23. It will showcase pieces that have been donated to the institution and recognize people who have funded NOMA throughout the years.
Competition among professionals in the art industry is expected to remain high over the next eight years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.