Entries being accepted for 2011 Adobe awards
on Thursday,December 09,2010 20:12
When a graphic design company has a positive impact on the industry, it may be recognized for its efforts. Recently, Adobe announced that it will begin accepting entries for the 11th annual Adobe Design Achievement Awards (ADAA). New categories have been added for both faculty and students this year.
"For over a decade, the ADAA has acknowledged student excellence from the world's accredited higher education institutions," said Ann Lewnes, Adobe senior vice president of global marketing. "We are proud to extend our global reach and expand the program to honor the faculty and academic staff who nurture this student talent."
The International Council of Graphic Design Associations will be supporting the award ceremony for the third year in a row. Students, administrators and staff members from higher educational institutions will be eligible to participate for free.
The ceremony will be held in Taipei, Taiwan, in October 2011. Individuals in the graphic design industry will have until January 28 to enter the competition.
Employment in graphic design is predicted to increase by 13 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.