PGA Merchandise Show draws athletic fashion designers
on Wednesday,December 15,2010 21:12
Fashion designers are not limited to creating ensembles for models, and the Professional Golfers' Association (PGA) plans to show the diversity of the industry at an upcoming show. Recently, the PGA announced that it will invite top golf fashion designers and newcomers to the 2011 Merchandise Show Week in January to exhibit athletic wear.
Golf apparel manufacturers plan to take a more aggressive approach to marketing their soft goods in the upcoming year. More than 200 designers attended Merchandise Show Week in 2010, including Adidas, Ashworth, Nike Golf and Under Armour. Retailers came from 75 different countries around the world to display their pieces, which are worn by professional golfers.
"Having kept a watchful eye on fairway styles for more than a decade, I am especially excited to hear about the introduction plans from some of the best and most established brands in golf fashion," said Annmarie Dodd, fashion reporter. "The 2011 PGA Merchandise Show not only includes a deep representation of the golf apparel market, but it is offering many new ways for vendors to stand out among influential buyers."
Employment in fashion design is only predicted to rise 1 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, wholesale retailers are expected to see an increase in business.
- Apparel Design (AA)
- Apparel Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.