PAFA receives 400-piece collection from patron
on Thursday,December 16,2010 20:12
Museums pride themselves on their collections, and many of their most valuable pieces are donated by patrons who share the love. Recently, the Philadelphia Academy of Fine Arts (PAFA) and museum received a collection of more than 400 works from Linda Lee Alter, a fan of the school.
Alter is an artist and a collector who has been featured at PAFA in the past. The collection donated to the facility includes pieces from artists, such as Louise Bourgeois, Kiki Smith, Alice Neel, Nancy Spero, Betye Saar, Faith Ringgold, and Louise Nevelson. Some of the oldest works date back to the beginning of the 20th century.
"We are truly grateful for this very important gift," said David Brigham, PAFA's president and CEO. "At PAFA this work will be integrated into how we present and teach art history, highlighted in special exhibitions, brought to bear on the studio and liberal arts curriculum, included in public programming, and will be digitized and published in its entirety."
Employment of artists is predicted to increase by 12 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.