DreamWorks growing on outskirts of Hollywood
on Thursday,December 16,2010 14:12
When many people think of successful animation studios, Hollywood comes to mind. However, DreamWorks and Pixar are two examples of the many production companies that have found success away from the big lights, according to ABC-7 News.
DreamWorks recently opened an office in Peninsula, California, to keep business away from the hustle and bustle of Hollywood. The company is notable for creating animated films, including Shrek and Kung Fu Panda, which have helped rake in nearly $3 billion worldwide. All of the Shrek movies were filmed at DreamWorks' headquarters in Redwood City, miles away from other corporate offices across California.
"I think we have less of the distractions of Hollywood, it really is about the story and the work here, we don't have to worry about all of the hoopla, that gets taken care of in Glendale," producer Denise Cascino told the news source.
DreamWorks launched 14 years ago in a small office located in Palo Alto, California. The company has grown exponentially and now has more than 600 employees.
Employment in animation is predicted to increase by 14 over the next eight years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.