FAU announces master of fine arts degree program
on Friday,December 17,2010 19:12
Individuals who are interested in learning more about the entertainment industry, may want to consider attending a postsecondary institution.
Recently, Florida Atlantic University (FAU) announced that it will begin offering a new master of fine arts degree for individuals who are looking to expand their education. Students will be able to learn more about the technology behind the world of entertainment, according to the University Press.
"The difference between the University of Central Florida and University of Florida programs and the one proposed at FAU is that we do not wish to prepare our graduates to fit into existing media companies," associate provost Diane Alperin told the news source. "We want them to invent new applications that can be tried out at FAU and can be capitalized and become new business ventures in South Florida."
The program is scheduled to debut in fall 2011. It will take students at least two years to complete through 52 earned credits and a six-credit thesis paper. It is specifically designed for individuals who are looking to enter a career in film production, web-based interactive media, video gaming and mobile media.
Employment of actors, producers and directors is predicted to increase by 11 percent over the next eight years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.