FAU announces master of fine arts degree program
on Friday,December 17,2010 19:12
Individuals who are interested in learning more about the entertainment industry, may want to consider attending a postsecondary institution.
Recently, Florida Atlantic University (FAU) announced that it will begin offering a new master of fine arts degree for individuals who are looking to expand their education. Students will be able to learn more about the technology behind the world of entertainment, according to the University Press.
"The difference between the University of Central Florida and University of Florida programs and the one proposed at FAU is that we do not wish to prepare our graduates to fit into existing media companies," associate provost Diane Alperin told the news source. "We want them to invent new applications that can be tried out at FAU and can be capitalized and become new business ventures in South Florida."
The program is scheduled to debut in fall 2011. It will take students at least two years to complete through 52 earned credits and a six-credit thesis paper. It is specifically designed for individuals who are looking to enter a career in film production, web-based interactive media, video gaming and mobile media.
Employment of actors, producers and directors is predicted to increase by 11 percent over the next eight years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.