FAU announces master of fine arts degree program
on Friday,December 17,2010 19:12
Individuals who are interested in learning more about the entertainment industry, may want to consider attending a postsecondary institution.
Recently, Florida Atlantic University (FAU) announced that it will begin offering a new master of fine arts degree for individuals who are looking to expand their education. Students will be able to learn more about the technology behind the world of entertainment, according to the University Press.
"The difference between the University of Central Florida and University of Florida programs and the one proposed at FAU is that we do not wish to prepare our graduates to fit into existing media companies," associate provost Diane Alperin told the news source. "We want them to invent new applications that can be tried out at FAU and can be capitalized and become new business ventures in South Florida."
The program is scheduled to debut in fall 2011. It will take students at least two years to complete through 52 earned credits and a six-credit thesis paper. It is specifically designed for individuals who are looking to enter a career in film production, web-based interactive media, video gaming and mobile media.
Employment of actors, producers and directors is predicted to increase by 11 percent over the next eight years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.