Time gives 2010 fashion statement title to Lady Gaga
on Monday,December 20,2010 14:12
Lady Gaga has rocketed to the top of the pop music charts, and now she finds herself at number one in Time magazine. The publication recently released its Top 10 of 2010 lists and the musician was awarded the title of best fashion statement.
Gaga is known for her outlandish outfits, ranging from flaming bras to electronically-animated gowns. The 24 year-old artist was honored with the 2010 Fashion Statement title for a dress she wore to the MTV Video Music Awards, which was made of meat. Gaga beat out other industry fashionistas, including Rihanna and M.I.A., on her way to the top.
The pop star told the media that her meat dress was not meant to offend anyone, but rather encourage individuals to stand up for their rights. When speaking to Ellen DeGeneres, she said that people who fail to do so will have nothing left but the "meat on their bones," according to Yahoo.
Employment in fashion design is only predicted to grow by 1 percent over the next eight years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, wholesale retailers are expected to see an increase in revenue.
- Apparel Design (AA)
- Apparel Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.