Exhibit dedicated to Artest debuts in Toronto
on Tuesday,December 21,2010 20:12
Art can not only give people a glimpse into history, but also current events and public figures. Recently, a project was created in honor of basketball player, Ron Artest, according to ESPN. The collection combined the world of art with sports, giving viewers a chance to see Artest in a new creative light.
Lovable Bad***: Artists on Artest was showcased at the Narwhal Art Projects in Toronto, Canada. Steve Manale, a cartoonist, developed the idea and brought it to life.
"Beyond being charismatic ...Ron Artest could be the single most honest and open figure in pop culture," Manale told the news source. "I think it’s nearly impossible for someone in the public to reinvent themselves from villain to hero, and him doing that should be celebrated."
Artest stopped by the exhibit while visiting the Toronto Raptors over the weekend with his current team, the Los Angeles Lakers.
"It was fun," Artest told the news source. "I didn’t know what to think about it at first. It was definitely special. It was unexpected, overwhelming."
Employment of artists is predicted to increase by 12 percent over the next eight years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.