Art industry draws collectors new investors
on Tuesday,January 04,2011 20:01
The 2008 recession hindered the economic growth of several industries, but one that has notably rebounded is the art world. In November, Andy Warhol's 1962 painting, Coca-Cola, sold for more than $35 million. Collectors have shown little hesitation at auctions, and investors are beginning to turn to the art industry to additional wealth, according to The Street.
Sergey Skaterschikov, the founder of Skate's Art Market Research, recently told the news source that the high prices that works sold for in fall 2010 indicate an upswing in the market. Although many big deals are made behind closed doors between private sellers and collectors, the industry has overall become profitable for investors.
"I bought an Old Master painting on October 1, the day the catastrophe hit Lehman Brothers, for $4.7 million" chief executive of The Fine Art Fund Group Phillip Hoffman told the news source. "I sold it one day later for $6 million ...certainly an interesting return."
Employment of artists is projected to increase by 12 percent over the next seven years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. As contemporary art continues to rise in popularity, new professionals in the industry may be able to profit from their works in a short amount of time.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.