New art museum to break ground in Los Angeles
on Thursday,January 06,2011 20:01
Travelers have been known to flock to regions with unique architecture. One philanthropist hopes to create a structure to educate visitors to California on the arts.
Recently, Eli Broad announced that the design plan for a new museum in downtown Los Angeles has been finalized. The billionaire will allegedly spend close to $130 million to construct the building, titled Broad, according to the Los Angeles Times. He hopes that exhibiting his art collection of landmark pieces will eventually boost the cultural appeal of the city.
"This is 40 years in the making," Broad told the news source. "I'm impatient. I'm not getting any younger. We don't want this to be a memorial building."
The 77-year-old billionaire plans to have more than 200 pieces on display, including works completed by Jasper Johns, Robert Rauschenberg, Roy Lichtenstein and Andy Warhol. The building, which will be an estimated 33,000 square-feet, is schedule to open in 2013. Broad will rotate his collection, creating a theme for each new exhibit.
The building may not only help draw more art enthusiasts to the city, but inspire other individuals to pursue a career in design. Employment in architecture is projected to increase by 16 percent over the next seven years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.