Tumblr to send bloggers to fashion week
on Thursday,January 06,2011 20:01
For a few fashion-loving Tumblr bloggers, their passion may soon pay off. Recently, the social networking site announced that it will be sending 20 users to Lincoln Center to report on Fashion Week, according to the New York Observer.
Beginning on February 10, Tumblr bloggers will enjoy free food, cocktails and meetings with fashion designers throughout the week. Tickets to exclusive shows will be arranged by the company for the lucky bloggers.
Recently, Rich Tong was named the style expert for Tumblr. He will be helping the company organize the trip and oversee the reporting.
"I've never seen a community with such an appetite for content," Tong told the news source. "They just love looking at photos. If you give them 100, they want 1,000."
Tumblr is renowned for being an image-heavy site in which users typically reblog posts on a regular basis. Followers will be able to keep up with all of the happenings during the week on a special page set up by the website.
Employment in fashion design is only predicted to rise 1 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, websites that feature designers and couture, such as Tumblr, may inspire individuals to enter the field.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.