Tangled sees success overseas in box office debut
on Monday,January 10,2011 21:01
Three-dimensional motion pictures have not only caught on in the U.S., but overseas as well. Recently, Disney's "Tangled" saw a large amount of success at the foreign box office, according to Reuters. The story of Rapunzel caught the attention of movie goers around the world, raking in approximately $26 million.
"Tangled" opened in first place in 10 different box offices. Globally, the Disney film has made more than $355 million, including sales from the U.S. and Canada. Brazil and Australia appeared to be the most profitable markets for "Tangled." The movie made approximately $6 million in both countries.
Disney says that the movie is now the 15th most profitable animated movie its ever released. The film has yet to open in countries including Spain, Korea and Japan, meaning its overall profit can climb higher.
"The Tourist" fell just $100,000 short from topping overseas box offices, settling for second place behind "Tangled." The international gross for the movie is estimated to be approximately $100 million.
Employment of animators is predicted to increase by 14 percent over the next seven years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.