Tangled sees success overseas in box office debut
on Monday,January 10,2011 21:01
Three-dimensional motion pictures have not only caught on in the U.S., but overseas as well. Recently, Disney's "Tangled" saw a large amount of success at the foreign box office, according to Reuters. The story of Rapunzel caught the attention of movie goers around the world, raking in approximately $26 million.
"Tangled" opened in first place in 10 different box offices. Globally, the Disney film has made more than $355 million, including sales from the U.S. and Canada. Brazil and Australia appeared to be the most profitable markets for "Tangled." The movie made approximately $6 million in both countries.
Disney says that the movie is now the 15th most profitable animated movie its ever released. The film has yet to open in countries including Spain, Korea and Japan, meaning its overall profit can climb higher.
"The Tourist" fell just $100,000 short from topping overseas box offices, settling for second place behind "Tangled." The international gross for the movie is estimated to be approximately $100 million.
Employment of animators is predicted to increase by 14 percent over the next seven years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.