Illinois Institute of Art plans new campus to meet demands
on Wednesday,January 12,2011 21:01
Illinois residents with a passion for art will have to look no further than their own backyard for a degree.
Recently, the Illinois Institute of Art announced that it will open a new campus in Tinley Park to accommodate its growing number of students, according to TribLocal. Currently, the school has approximately 4,400 students enrolled at its Chicago and Schaumburg locations. Tinley Park campus director Donna Gray told the news source that the new location will offer its most popular degree programs to meet the demands of new students.
"Just like any business, they've identified a demand and they're trying to meet that demand," economic developer Ivan Baker told the news source. "That also demonstrates that it’s not necessarily a situation of for-profit. It's just that there is a demand for additional educational opportunities beyond high school."
Gray adds that the school has seen an increase in enrollment as the economy struggles to recover. More adults are attempting to earn a postsecondary degree after losing their jobs.
Employment of artists is projected to increase by 12 percent over the next seven years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.