Hoppers art collection not longer up for grabs due to legal matters
on Wednesday,January 12,2011 21:01
Recently, the art world was buzzing over the collection of the late Dennis Hopper, which was slated to go up for auction following his untimely death. Of the most renowned pieces in the collection was Andy Warhol's portrait of Mao, which had bullet holes from a gun that was once fired by Hopper himself.
When the auction began, the Warhol piece sold for more than $302,000, according to Reuters. The amount was more than 10 times what industry analysts expected the work to sell for. However, Mao was one of Warhol's most iconic pieces, which drew attention from collectors prior to the auction.
Hopper's pieces began to go up for sale in November, but his widow is now requesting that the remaining works stay within the family, according to Bloomberg. Christie's International has been forced to take 32 items down from auction following a lawsuit filed by Victoria Duffy Hopper. The widow, who was in the process of divorcing her husband prior to his death, allegedly claims that the collection has sentimental value. The auction will not resume until the legal matters are settled.
Employment of artists is projected to increase by 12 percent over the next seven years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.