Kardashian sisters launch new line for Sears
on Thursday,January 13,2011 22:01
Individuals who have dreams of entering a career in fashion might want to look to the Kardashian sisters for inspiration. The reality television stars turned designers recently announced plans to release an affordable new line for Sears stores across the country.
Kim, Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian inked a deal with the department store to develop a fashion line for shoppers between the ages of 17 and 35. The Kardashian Kollection will feature a number of different items, ranging from lingerie to handbags. Hats, gloves and shoes are also slated to be designed by the sisters, who have gained national recognition through their reality television show on E!.
"Not only do they have locations nationwide, but we recognize that Sears will allow us to reach multi-generations of fans and people who are interested in fabulous clothing at affordable prices," Khloe Kardashian told US Magazine.
Industry experts expect the sisters to make approximately $300 million in sales once The Kardashian Kollection makes its debut. The line will hit more than 400 Sears locations in August.
Employment in fashion design is predicted to rise 1 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.