Gaga to debut new music at stylists fashion show
on Monday,January 17,2011 21:01
Fashion designers have not only been known to inspire the everyday shopper, but celebrities as well.
Recently, musician Lady Gaga was inspired enough by Nicola Formichetti to create a soundtrack for her new project. Formichetti, who is one of the pop star's stylists, was named the creative director at the Thierry Mugler fashion house. For his men's wear show in Paris, France, Gaga will be debuting new music as a favor to her colleague. One of the songs will be from her upcoming album, Born This Way.
Formichetti has been the creative director since September 2010. His show is slated to hit the runway on January 19. In the past, Formichetti was responsible for many of Gaga's most controversial outfits, including a dress fully composed of meat.
When he's not attending to the musician, he oversees designers Sébastien Peigné and Romain Kremer. Peigné has 10 years of experience with the Balenciaga fashion house in women's wear. Kremer is renowned for the experimental ensembles he has been debuting under his Paris label since 2005.
Employment in fashion design is predicted to rise 1 percent over the next seven years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.