Four Matisse pieces scheduled to go up for auction
on Tuesday,January 18,2011 21:01
Many people thought that Henri Matisse's works were no longer going to return to auction after his last piece sold for more than $48 million. However, one museum has decided to cash in on the popularity of the artist and provide enthusiasts with the opportunity to add to their collection.
Recently, the Burnett Foundation announced that it will put four works by Matisse up for sale. Four sculptures from the Backs collection will be removed from the Kimbell Art Museum in Texas as the works make their way to auction. However, the foundation says it will give two pieces to the museum as compensation for the loss.
"Over the years, the value of the Backs has grown significantly," executive director Neils Agather said, according to the Star-Telegram. "It now far exceeds anything that could justify owning them as a part of the foundation's main mission, which is to support activities in the community and not to own art."
Sotheby's auction house will be responsible for selling the four Matisse pieces. However, a date has yet to be established for the sale.
Employment of artists is projected to increase by 12 percent over the next seven years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.