Fletcher-Thompson to redesign Saugus middle school
on Tuesday,January 18,2011 21:01
Despite the high unemployment rate, many architects and firms are thriving off of local work. The Fletcher-Thompson firm is one example of a company that has found an opportunity in Saugus, Massachusetts.
Recently, the Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA) approved Fletcher-Thompson to work on renovations at the Belmonte Middle School, according to The Daily Item. Superintendent Richard Langlois, town manager Andrew Bisignani and school committee chairman Wendy Reed traveled to Boston to meet with the MSBA as they move forward with their design plans. The organization has to approve every step along the way as renovations are made to the building.
"I am really excited about this," Reed told the news source. "This is really happening."
The Belmonte Middle School building has suffered from a number of air conditioning problems throughout the year, along with drainage issues. The project is expected to cost approximately $12 million, but the state will reimburse more than 51 percent of the cost. Informational meetings will be held with the public once the town receives official approval from the MSBA to begin construction
Employment in architecture is projected to increase by 16 percent over the next seven years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.