USU to host first Celebration of the Arts week
on Thursday,January 20,2011 20:01
Many art exhibitions do not allow visitors to interact with the presentation, but Utah State University (USU) is attempting to change this as they introduce the new Caine College of Arts (CCA).
Recently, USU announced its first Celebration of the Arts week to welcome new students to the CCA and get them involved, according to The Utah Statesman. Concerts and public art galas are a part of the honorary week, along with the opportunity to participate in individual events.
The Paint by Gum wall mural idea, created by graduate student Brian Cook, will encourage students to partake in a Vincent van Gogh replica of "Wheatfield with Cypresses." Individuals will be able to place their colored gum on the wall to develop a design over time.
Theater enthusiasts will also be holding the Evening of One Acts event to give budding actors the opportunity to come out of their shells. Students will be responsible for directing and producing the entire show, encouraging them to use what they have learned to showcase their talent.
Employment of artists is projected to increase by 12 percent over the next seven years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.