USU to host first Celebration of the Arts week
on Thursday,January 20,2011 20:01
Many art exhibitions do not allow visitors to interact with the presentation, but Utah State University (USU) is attempting to change this as they introduce the new Caine College of Arts (CCA).
Recently, USU announced its first Celebration of the Arts week to welcome new students to the CCA and get them involved, according to The Utah Statesman. Concerts and public art galas are a part of the honorary week, along with the opportunity to participate in individual events.
The Paint by Gum wall mural idea, created by graduate student Brian Cook, will encourage students to partake in a Vincent van Gogh replica of "Wheatfield with Cypresses." Individuals will be able to place their colored gum on the wall to develop a design over time.
Theater enthusiasts will also be holding the Evening of One Acts event to give budding actors the opportunity to come out of their shells. Students will be responsible for directing and producing the entire show, encouraging them to use what they have learned to showcase their talent.
Employment of artists is projected to increase by 12 percent over the next seven years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.