Clough stands behind decision to remove Wojnarowicz piece
on Friday,January 21,2011 19:01
When David Wojnarowicz's piece, "A Fire in My Belly," was removed from the National Portrait Museum, it sparked controversy across the art world. The 13-minute video, depicting Jesus Christ being walked on by ants on the crucifix, has since been relocated to the Museum of Modern Art in New York. Despite opposition, Smithsonian chief Wayne Clough recently stated that he would not have decided against removing the piece if he could turn back time.
Recently, protesters against the decision to take down the Wojnarowicz piece approached Clough before he gave a speech in Los Angeles, California, according to the Associated Press. The response to the removal of the video has been overwhelming, and Clough says he has already replied to hundreds of e-mails from angry art enthusiasts around the world.
However, Clough told individuals who attended his speech that he still disagrees with the piece being displayed in the museum. Although he would have approached the situation differently if he could turn back in time, Clough stands behind his decision.
Employment of artists is projected to increase by 12 percent over the next seven years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.