Toy Story 3 receives Oscar nominations
on Tuesday,January 25,2011 20:01
The Toy Story series has been popular with both children and adults since it debuted in 1995, and now the director of the third installment has been recognized for his efforts with an Oscar nomination.
Lee Unkrich recently received his first nod from the Oscar committee after spending 16 years with Pixar, according to CNN. Toy Story 3 is just the third animated film to ever be nominated for best picture.
"I've been so happy over the years to see buddies take home Oscars ... but there's nothing quite like being nominated yourself," Unkrich told the news source. "I left Ohio 25 years ago with dreams of making movies and it's just, I have to pinch myself that I somehow, in this crazy industry, found myself here in this position."
Toy Story 3 is also up for best animated film. Although there are no plans to create a fourth movie, Cars 2 is currently in the making, which will feature the Toy Story cast.
If Unkrich sees success at the 2011 Oscars, it may inspire more individuals to pursue careers in animation. Employment of multimedia artists and animators is predicted to increase by 14 percent over the next seven years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.