Toy Story 3 receives Oscar nominations
on Tuesday,January 25,2011 20:01
The Toy Story series has been popular with both children and adults since it debuted in 1995, and now the director of the third installment has been recognized for his efforts with an Oscar nomination.
Lee Unkrich recently received his first nod from the Oscar committee after spending 16 years with Pixar, according to CNN. Toy Story 3 is just the third animated film to ever be nominated for best picture.
"I've been so happy over the years to see buddies take home Oscars ... but there's nothing quite like being nominated yourself," Unkrich told the news source. "I left Ohio 25 years ago with dreams of making movies and it's just, I have to pinch myself that I somehow, in this crazy industry, found myself here in this position."
Toy Story 3 is also up for best animated film. Although there are no plans to create a fourth movie, Cars 2 is currently in the making, which will feature the Toy Story cast.
If Unkrich sees success at the 2011 Oscars, it may inspire more individuals to pursue careers in animation. Employment of multimedia artists and animators is predicted to increase by 14 percent over the next seven years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses
- Dallas campus named 2013 School of the Year by the National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP).
- Tuition covers course-required materials for campus students, including books, lab equipment, and class supplies.
- Offers flat tuition rate to continuously enrolled students who are on track toward program completion.
- Campus accreditation by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- 18 campuses across the United States, with online options as well.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Operates out of a modern, state-of-the-art studio space in the heart of downtown Toronto overlooking Dundas Square.
- Provides students with access to industry-standard equipment and resources, such as green screens and cameras.
- Offers specialized assistance services for international students, including housing support and peer tutoring.
- A part of the RCC Institute of Technology group of schools.
- Faculty and alumni are regular credited and involved in films at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).
- 2 campuses located in Dundas and Steeles in Toronto, Ontario.
- Founded in St. Paul, Minnesota in 1900, with over 40 diverse online degree programs.
- Offers a comprehensive student services team (SUPPORT+) composed of financial aid advisors, academic tutors, career service advisors, and more.
- Operates as a Public Benefit Corporation school, that puts students first and maintains a commitment to the communities they serve.
- Features a DreamReal program, that provides students with career guidance from enrollment to graduation, helps them to make connections in their community, and more.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.