Toy Story 3 receives Oscar nominations
on Tuesday,January 25,2011 20:01
The Toy Story series has been popular with both children and adults since it debuted in 1995, and now the director of the third installment has been recognized for his efforts with an Oscar nomination.
Lee Unkrich recently received his first nod from the Oscar committee after spending 16 years with Pixar, according to CNN. Toy Story 3 is just the third animated film to ever be nominated for best picture.
"I've been so happy over the years to see buddies take home Oscars ... but there's nothing quite like being nominated yourself," Unkrich told the news source. "I left Ohio 25 years ago with dreams of making movies and it's just, I have to pinch myself that I somehow, in this crazy industry, found myself here in this position."
Toy Story 3 is also up for best animated film. Although there are no plans to create a fourth movie, Cars 2 is currently in the making, which will feature the Toy Story cast.
If Unkrich sees success at the 2011 Oscars, it may inspire more individuals to pursue careers in animation. Employment of multimedia artists and animators is predicted to increase by 14 percent over the next seven years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.