Google introduces art viewing program
on Tuesday,February 01,2011 19:02
Google Street View revolutionized the way people search for directions online. Now, it will change how art enthusiasts seek out their favorite works.
Recently, Google announced that individuals will be able to view works at 17 museums around the world through its Street View technology, according to CNET. The new program has been named Art Project, and the search engine giant plans to add more works in the near future. Currently, there are more than 1,000 on display. Users can view each picture at gigapixel resolution to get the full effect of seeing the piece in reality.
"You can zoom in to see Van Gogh's famous brushwork or watch how previously hard-to-see elements of an artwork suddenly become clear - such as the tiny Latin couplet which appears in Hans Holbein the Younger's, 'The Merchant Georg Gisze,'" Google said in its blog post, according to the news source.
To capture photos of the art, Google took 360-degree images of more than 385 museum rooms from around the world. Art Project may inspire others to expand upon their passion for the field and embark on careers of their own in the future.
Employment of artists is expected to increase by 12 percent over the next seven years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.