Rain does not prevent art enthusiasts from attending Florida festival
on Tuesday,February 08,2011 19:02
Collecting is popular among art enthusiasts, and festivals are the ideal place to view a showcase of new works. Recently, the Mount Dora Arts Festival was held in Mount Dora, Florida, despite a rainy forecast. Although hosts were worried about the weather deterring individuals from dropping by, the event had a large turn-out, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
Festival officials said they saw a large amount of "carrying," which refers to the number of buyers who walk away with pieces of art. "Carrying" typically influences others to make purchases, which is a sign of a successful auction or event.
Awards and cash prizes were handed out to artists who submitted works for the festival. Best in Category and Awards in Excellence were some of the genres that pieces could vie for notoriety. Carol Elder Napoli from New Smyrna Beach, Florida, won the Best in Show award worth $5,000 for her painting, "Through the Falls."
Individuals who are interested in making a career out of their artwork can submit their pieces to a festival or auction to gauge their skill set. Employment of artists is expected to increase by 12 percent over the next seven years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.