QVC to host live shows in honor of fashion week
on Wednesday,February 09,2011 20:02
The QVC shopping network has been on television for more than 20 years, and executives plan on keeping its content fresh by showcasing trends from 2011 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York City.
Recently, QVC announced that it will be displaying spring 2011 fashion lines during two live shows on February 11 and 12. The first episode will exhibit the Muxo line by Camila Alves, which is dedicated to luxury handbags. Manhattan native Malini Murjani will showcase her line on the Saturday show.
"Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week has become one of QVC's most-highly anticipated programming events," said Claire Watts, QVC's chief executive officer. "Our viewers love the inside access that we provide to the world's premier fashion event. We are excited to introduce them to new QVC designers, as well as the latest looks from returning favorites with the behind the scenes excitement only we deliver."
Throughout both live episodes, some of the network's most notable designers will make an appearance, including the Kardashians, Lori Goldstein, Melania Trump and Dennis Basso. Individuals who view the program may be inspired to pursue careers in the industry.
The highest number of fashion designers were in New York and California in 2009, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Apparel Design (AA)
- Apparel Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.