LMN wins AIA award for innovative structure
on Thursday,February 10,2011 19:02
When an architecture firm demonstrates the ability to successfully complete large projects, it may earn recognition from other companies in the industry.
Recently, LMN was named the winner of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Institute Honor Award, according to Dexigner. The company received the award for its design of the Vancouver Convention Centre West in British Columbia. The award recognizes firms that exceed industry expectations in interior and exterior design.
"Unlike the typical convention center, this public space has a well-chosen vocabulary of materials and spatial proportions that commits to the connection between interior and exterior, bringing the outdoors in to its interior spaces in a compelling and eloquent manner," the AIA national committee told the news source about the structure.
The 1.2 million square-foot buliding is not only visually appealing, but inspiring to individuals who have an interest in the field of architecture. Its roof is six acres long, making it the largest in Canada.
The building by LMN demonstrates the success that can be achieved through architecture and may encourage others to pursue a career in the industry. Approximately 141,200 people held jobs as architects in 2008, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.