LMN wins AIA award for innovative structure
on Thursday,February 10,2011 19:02
When an architecture firm demonstrates the ability to successfully complete large projects, it may earn recognition from other companies in the industry.
Recently, LMN was named the winner of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Institute Honor Award, according to Dexigner. The company received the award for its design of the Vancouver Convention Centre West in British Columbia. The award recognizes firms that exceed industry expectations in interior and exterior design.
"Unlike the typical convention center, this public space has a well-chosen vocabulary of materials and spatial proportions that commits to the connection between interior and exterior, bringing the outdoors in to its interior spaces in a compelling and eloquent manner," the AIA national committee told the news source about the structure.
The 1.2 million square-foot buliding is not only visually appealing, but inspiring to individuals who have an interest in the field of architecture. Its roof is six acres long, making it the largest in Canada.
The building by LMN demonstrates the success that can be achieved through architecture and may encourage others to pursue a career in the industry. Approximately 141,200 people held jobs as architects in 2008, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.