Committee helps choose color trends for upcoming seasons
on Thursday,February 10,2011 19:02
Fashion week in New York City is full of colors that set the tone for the upcoming spring and fall seasons. However, industry experts say it is not just handful of individuals who come up with the trends for the future.
Designers coordinate more than most people think, according to NPR. Twice a year before models hit the runway, a committee of 10 secret designers meet in Europe to discuss potential color ideas for the new season. Panton, a New Jersey-based company, bases its business entirely on color. They invite these anonymous trend setters to the event every year.
"I have people who work in the car business, who work with big store groups," David Shah, meeting organizer, told the news source. "I can't tell you the names. They're involved with everything from furniture through to clothing and knitwear."
Although Pantone faces competition as a color technology company, its 1,925 unique shades separate it from the rest. The ability to set trends encourages thousands of people to embark on careers in the fashion industry every year.
Individuals with a postsecondary degree might increase their chances of finding a job in the industry, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.