Chicago police learn to think creatively through art
on Friday,February 11,2011 19:02
New police officers typically do not expect to visit an art museum as part of their training, but that is where Chicago recruits recently went to fine-tune their skills.
Recently, more than a dozen new officers visited the Art Institute of Chicago to complete an exercise designed to encourage individuals to pay attention to detail. Up until this month, the program had been discontinued, according to the Chicago Tribune. Now, Sergent Diane Shaw has her team once again visiting the facility to develop crucial skills that can be used on the job.
Shaw's goal is to get officers to think creatively about crime scenes and learn to see more than what is in front of them. The exercise is also meant to encourage individuals to trust their colleagues on the case.
"It allows the recruits to see that what their partners see can be totally different," Shaw told the news source.
The effect that the art world has on other industries may encourage individuals to look for careers in the field. People who are interested in finding a job in the arts can increase their chances by obtaining a postsecondary education, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.