Google creates doodle to commemorate Indianas Love
on Monday,February 14,2011 21:02
The graphic designers at Google have made a name for themselves over the past few years by designing memorable home page doodles, typically coordinating with historical events. This Valentine's Day, they added another creative twist to the search engine home page with a design commemorating artist Robert Indiana.
Google's rendition of Indiana's "Love" piece appeared on the site in honor of Valentine's Day, according to PC Magazine. The letters in Google were spelled out in a similar manner to the original work, which has a tilted "O" on a stack of letters. Indiana's pop art piece has also been featured on a U.S. postage stamp and in sculpture form at the Museum of Modern Art.
Indiana, who was born in 1928, has created a number of different renditions of "Love" to accommodate languages around the world. During the 2008 election, he developed a "Hope" version of the piece to support Barack Obama, who was then running for president of the U.S.
Graphic designers create visual solutions to communication problems, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. In the case of Google doodlers, images are developed to promote the different agendas and interests of the search engine company.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.